Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DJ's First Day of School


DJ all ready for his first day back at school! (What happened to my baby boy!?)

Mrs Corfield (who DJ keeps calling "Mrs Coffeefield") greeting DJ at the door of his classroom. She is the sweetest teacher. She is like having a loving Grandma (with a cute English accent) for a teacher--of course I love leaving him with someone like that.
Right when DJ entered the classroom he ran over to the science table where there were shells to look at with a magnifying glass. He loved doing this!



All the other kids were at the table doing playdough but not my little scientist (so much for trying to make new friends on the first day!)


So the night before school DJ stayed up waaaaaay too late (I think he was so anxious and excited about his first day) and got up waaaay too early. In the morning he looked like a zombie and I felt so bad sending him off like that. At the same time I really didn't want him to miss his very first day so I tried to get him to take a few sips of my coffee which he refused to do. Next I resorted to giving him some coke (that sounds really bad). After a few sips he looked up at me with bright eyes and said "WOW MOM . . . THIS IS REALLY A TREAT!!!" (He never gets this stuff!)

5 comments:

Middleton said...

The coke trick was CLASSIC! Hey that wasn't even meant to be funny but I just realized Coke's tag line is classic... what a great comment from me! Love it! I don't like the 1st picture because he looks SO OLD and I love the one where all the kids are at the table and Dr. DJ is in his own little world learning new things and exploring the wonderful new shell display!

Middleton said...

Oh and did I say the I am so in love with his teacher... if I lived close I would put Kenyon in there with DJ for sure (well, if they give scholarships for athletics or something).

Grandma Howell said...

Kudos to you mom, the coke was a great idea but don't think DJ isn't going to capitalize on that trick. That's my little "einstien" over there discovering the world with his magnifying glass while the rest of the kids are playing with playdough. I agree with Amy, DJ looks way to old in that first picture. Always in a hurry to grow up - you better savor the moments today because they pass so fast and he'll be leaving home to go off to college before you know it (and with his brains it'll probably be at an early age).

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

As much as we hate seeing our little ones "grow up" - isn't it marvelous to witness the learning process & watching them grow as they explore & learn new things?

Nana said...

I remember last fall when DJ climbed onto your kitchen table and secretely sipped my diet Pepsi thoughout the afternoon. That night when I asked you why he was so wired, you had already figured out what he had done. I don't know if I was more surprised that he had learned to be "sneaky" or that he was now old enough to execute his scheme! Anyway--it worked for his AM blues whether it was Pesi or Coke. Good thinking Mom.